Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Irish Potatoes


Tools:
icing tool
measuring cups
small mixing bowl
mixer
large ziplock bag
baking sheet


Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
2 lbs powdered sugar
1 stick of melted butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 bag of coconut
Ground Cinnamon

Directions:
Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, coconut and vanilla.
*Tips*
*Hand mix until starts to firm (or sugar will fly everywhere)
*Can mix all ingredients EXCEPT coconut together and fold in coconut at end. Our family is fussy so 1/2 batch made with coconut and 1/2 made without - because of this only used 1/4 bag of coconut.

Let cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.

Roll in teaspoon-size football shapes. Then place handfuls in a baggie filled with ground cinnamon and shake to coat well. Refrigerate when completed.



3 comments:

  1. Yummm I'm going to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved making these. My girlfriend and I had to make almost 6 dozen around St. Patrick's day for her work and just to warn everyone, it can get real messy real quick when you're making that many. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Irish potatoes. Every time I get my hands on one, I remember first making them in second grade.

    ReplyDelete